Friday, November 14, 2014

Christmas Purses

I'm starting to put together some gifts for the teachers for Christmas. These are a little bit bigger than gift card size so I can add a little something besides a gift card.  But what?  Are there any teachers out there that can tell me what you really love to receive?
 
Many, many years ago when my mother-in-law retired from teaching 5th grade (in the same classroom at the same school) after 29 years, we counted all the coffee cups she had received over the years.  She never threw a THING away that a child gave her.  Many were boxed up and put away in the garage already and by the time we were done we counted over 800!  We finally talked her into donating them, but it was rather painful for her.  That is a lot of cups!!  So please don't suggest cups!  *Ü*

 
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Stamp Set:  White Christmas
Accessories:  Circle Framelits, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Big Shot, 1-3/8: Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon

 
Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Stack
Stamp Set:  Wondrous Wreath
Accessories:  Circle Framelits, Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon
The pattern and instructions for both of these purses can be found in my 12 Days of Christmas 2014  tutorial available on the right hand sidebar.
 
Trim the Tree Stamp a Stack of Cards
My FREE November Gift to you with an online purchase of $35 or more.
 
Easy and quick Christmas cards all made from the Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Stack.
This tutorial contains instruction for creating a whole stack of cards and is FREE to you with a minimum $35 purchase to my online store. 
 
See the Stampin' Up! 2014-15 Catalog  and when you are ready, please order HERE. 
Earn Free Stamps with Becky - print your copy

10 comments :

  1. I am a retired teacher and I always loved receiving homemade cards from the children and gift cards as gifts. (And I still have my favorite coffee cup given to me by one of my students!) : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your purses are absolutely adorable, I love them!
    What a sweet story but, after many conversations with your mom regarding donating those gift items (cups), I am sure, I am glad you found good "other homes" for those items. Her memories will always be a source of joy though!
    Your work is so inspiring and beautiful, thanks again for sharing it all with us! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I love gifting gift cards along with something edible to be enjoyed (chocolates or homemade Toll House choc. chip cookies). I feel edibles are always enjoyed and you can't go wrong with the perfect gift card! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a retired kindergarten teacher and did get my share of mugs that I recently gave to a young single mom of three young children to regift to their teachers!! Knowing how busy teachers can be taking the time to purchase greeting cards for co-workers, family and friends can be non-existent, so I am thinking that if the purses are large enough a set of greeting cards with a nice writing pen and some delicious chocolate would make a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little purses and the teachers will love them too. My cousin and DIL are teachers and I used to work as a high school math para. Here is what I know...NO food. LOL They get so much, they can't eat it all. They love hand sanitizer, lotions, and any school supplies as they have to buy those themselves (any way where I live they do). I made these note cards for my DIL and she loved them so much she requested more when she got low. I made them for her last year and then when her name changed this summer, made her some with her new name. Ü
    http://debbiedee.blogspot.com/2013/09/mini-note-set.html

    http://debbiedee.blogspot.com/2014/08/sticky-u.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. These purses are the cutest. I think handmade gifts would be the most appreciated. One year I took a photo of each student under a tree and scrapbooked an album for the teacher. She loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these purses are awesome for gifts, even if you're not a teacher; your inspiration is unreal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Becky! I love these little purses! I am a retired teacher who loved my mugs! But with closed mugs now, they are an obsolete gift. I would say "no" to hand creams and lotions. I had more tubes/bottles than I had mugs! I loved homemade soaps, small candles, and other clever surprises. Some mothers just had that knack to make me smile. I'm sure you are one of those mothers...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becky, these are adorable!!! I work in an elementary school and have a great appreciation for the teachers who put in more hours and effort than most people know. I don't think their salaries are any compensation! I love all the suggestions above, but truly think gift cards would be so appreciated and thoughtful! Thank you for all the crafty inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great! My mom was a teacher, and she loved the handmade goodies. But, years after she has retired, our favorite things are pictures and Christmas ornaments. For one, she only would get a handful of Christmas ornaments; plus, they are something that we actually recycle every year. And, we still have one from 1978 with the student's name on it. That way, not only do we remember that student, but we can then pray for them. As for pictures, they are easy to store, and they are cute and fun to pull back out. But, I know that whatever you do, it will be great. You are so very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete