Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Soda Pop Top Scissor Charms

I just love it when I get a box in the mail from BFF. 
 
I never know what it's going to be. *Ü*  Isn't this cute?
Such a darling use for the Soda Pop Tops in the Spring Catalog.

 
Edited to ADD:  The chain is attached to a jewelry finding that is glued on the back.  Kind of like what your necklace/chain would hang from.  You can find these in the jewelry aisle of any craft store.
Retro accents made your way. Punch custom centers from Designer Series Paper or stamped images using our 1/2" and 1" Circle Punches. Fill with Crystal Effects. 16 total: 8 ea. of 2 designs. Silver.
Order number 129388    $3.95
 
Artisan Embellishments Kit
For the month of April, this tutorial is FREE to you with any $35 or more order to my online store.
 
Please order your Stampin' Up! supplies HERE.
 
 

6 comments :

  1. That's the most adorable pop top I've seen around, it's so pretty and "nicely flashy!" Great job; I love it! (How did she att. the chain to the pop top though??). Thanks for sharing; what fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been in love with the soda pop tops too. I also would like to know how to get the hole. Does the paper piercing tool do the job? Thanks for showing us your scissor charm gift. Nancy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I can see my customers loving this for a little thank you gift - perhaps put their names inside so they have their name on their scissors?

    I too would like to know how the loop and chain are attached.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The piece that is glued to the back of the pop top is called a "bail". You can use that E600 glue to attach it. Bails can be found online and in some craft stores. The glue can be found at Michael's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The piece that is glued to the back of the pop top is called a "bail". You can use that E600 glue to attach it. Bails can be found online and in some craft stores. The glue can be found at Michael's.

    ReplyDelete