Monday, February 14, 2011

Double Mini Milk Carton Tutorial

Something VERY exciting happened this weekend...

Inking Idaho hit 3 MILLION blog hits!

Woo Hoo!! Thank you to all of you who have stopped by and continue to stop by!

What a perfect day to share the love - Happy Valentine's Day!


Here is a little tutorial on how to put together the double Mini Milk Carton I posted last week. Cut 2 squares 3-3/4" x 3-3/4". Score all four sides at 1". Cut on the score lines on two opposite sides of the square up to the intersecting score lines. Then cut the corners off on the diagonal to avoid any little hang-overs. Cut 2 pieces 1-5/8" x 4". Use the corner Rounder on the top corners and punch a handle with the Small Oval Punch. Fold the squares into boxes and secure with Sticky Strip. Add Sticky Strip as shown to the handle pieces. Stick the top part of the handle together, then straddle the panels over the two boxes. Secure each piece to the box sides. If your boxes seem too loose, then put a little strip of Sticky Strip between them.
This is how it should look with the handle attached.
To put the ribbon around the container, place a line of Sticky Strip all the way around the box. Put the ribbon on and gather and pinch and twist until the ribbon meets where you began.
Assemble the Milk Cartons and embellish as desire. I closed the top of these with the Vintage Trinkets safety pins...ya, that was kind of an insane thing to do...but I did it! Then I tied on the Mini Vintage Tags. The hearts are from the Tiny Tags set and I hand cut them out.

Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla

Stamp Sets: Tiny Tags, Friends 24-7

Accessories: Tiny Vintage Tags, Vintage Trinkets, Chantilly Lace, Corner Rounder, Small Oval Punch, Mini Milk Carton die-cut and the Big Shot, baby!


The bird was stamped in Staz-On Jet Black. I picked up a little Baja Breeze ink with a Blender Pen and colored in his breast. The branch is Soft Suede, feet and beak are More Mustard, leaves are Always Artichoke and his breast is covered in Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. I wish it showed up better because it sure is pretty!
If you have the Mini Milk Carton die-cut then you know how tiny they are, but if you don't I placed my SNAIL adhesive here so you can see how darling and tiny the size is on this. The whole thing is only 4" tall and 3-1/2" long.


Have a Happy Valentine's Day and thanks again for the 3 MILLION hits!!!

19 comments :

  1. congratulations on all the hits! I'm not suprised at all! I LOVE your blog. Thank you so much for sharing this tutoril with us. LOVE that bird.
    I think I will make some of these for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Keep up the amazing work and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not surprised, I "hit" you daily.
    Thanks for the inspiration and your willingness to share.
    Have a blessed Valentine's Day.
    Seletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the tutorial....congrats on your hit count....Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tutorial. And a big congratulations for the 3 million hits! It's no wonder because your blog is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky thank you so much for such a fun place to visit. Love you and what you do!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the 3 million hits. Thanks for sharing this wonderful tutorial. I have always wanted to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola Becky
    Beatifull project,
    love it!!!!
    Thanks for the tutorials
    And a big congratulations for the 3 million hits! It's no wonder because your blog is fantastic and this work

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooooo pretty.

    And congratulations for your hits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations for your hits:-)
    Your blog is fantastic and I love your blog
    Have a nice day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on hitting 3 million..... WOW! I love the little milk cartons and only wish we had the die over here (uk). Keep up the fab designs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Job!! I loved the extra touch of stamping in between with the floral piece also in that set. Great idea~!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First Congrats on 3 million hits.....wowza!

    Just wanted to thank you for the wonderful tutorial, but I am really excited that you mentioned how you did the ribbon technique! I've seen this technique everywhere and for the life of me couldn't figure out how they did it. I am THRILLED to know how now! I even ran and made a card this afternoon using the technique! Who knew it was as simple as making a line of sticky strip and gathering the ribbon! Awesome! Thanks so much1

    ReplyDelete
  14. Becky, Thank you ever so much for this tutorial. I think those little milk cartons are just the cutest and your project here is so pretty. Love that nature set!
    Congratulations on the hit count!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for this tutorial..I am 3D challenged! LOL! I'm going to make on of these cuties today!
    TFS
    Dawn
    www.theinkedstamper.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial, Becky! I so look forward to your blog!! I LOVE your work - thank you for your inspiration,

    Julie B

    www.justjulieb30.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much Becky for this free tutorial!!! you're the best ever!!! I love your blog and beautiful projects....you always inspire me! ;)
    Blessing,
    Holley

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merci pour ce tuto. Je viens de le répertorier sur mon blog avec un lien direct vers le votre.

    ReplyDelete