Saturday, December 18, 2010

Santa Stockings

I saw a super darling card made by Julie LaBlanc on Stampin' Connections, our demonstrator share site, and fell in love with this little Santa. She had it made into a card but I just made the stockings so I can use them as tags on my boxes of goodies I will be handing out to my neighbors before Christmas.

I don't have a pattern to share for this. I just drew a stocking and figured out the punches she used.
Hat: Wide Oval and Small Oval punches in Cherry Cobbler with a 1/2" Whisper White circle.
The fur on his hat was made by punching the Wide Oval punch into Crumb Cake cardstock, then punching again just above that to create this crescent shape.
Face: Wide Oval Punch in Blushing Bride cardstock.
Nose: The circle from the Bitty Pack punches in Blushing Bride cardstock. Mustache: Bird Punch wings in Whisper White. Slightly sponged with Crumb Cake ink.
Beard: Ornament Punch in Whisper White slightly sponged with Crumb Cake ink and cut off flat about 1/4" below the ornament top.
Although I am going to use these as tags, Nicholas added Candy Canes to some of them to hand out to his school friends.

Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake,
Blushing Bride, Whisper White
Stamp Set: Winter Post snowflake, Four the Holidays
Accessories: See punches above. Cherry Cobbler seam Binding Ribbon, Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper for the toe of the stockings



15 comments :

  1. How cute are these!!! Your neighbors will love them I am sure!!! If not ... can I be your neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, can I be a neighbor too? These are too cute! Thanks for giving us an idea of what punches were used. I guess I am going to have to give in and get that darn bird punch - I have seen so many fun things made with the wings as well as the bird! Thanks for sharing. Happy holidays!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the cutest sock, now I have to have the stamp. I have seen it used so many different ways.

    Thank you for sharing your ideas.

    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really happy that you liked it :-) I didn't have a template either, just drew on a piece of paper and trimmed it until it fitted on the card :-) Lovely!

    HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so adorable! They look quick and easy, that is, once someone figures out the process and passes it on. Thank you!
    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky, I was so busy yesterday I forgot to post a comment to you. I Love this idea! Cute little gift for the neighbors! They are way too cute of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree! They are darling. Thank you for your inspiration, and a very happy Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Becky
    As always I am loving what you create. These are so cute ....think they may well be making it onto my Christmas table as serviette wraps.
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Santa stockings are adorable!TFS,
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute project, Becky!!! Into my "next year" file it goes. :) Have a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing such an adorable project. I will make these next year.

    Lora

    ReplyDelete