Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Leadership Swap

I love swapping with other demonstrators! Getting new ideas, a fresh take on an old product or just plain enjoying the thought it took someone to make a swap! It's all FUN! This year I was invited to a private swap with just 6 demonstrators. It was a themed swap, Take Three Swap, I think. Anyway, three projects using the same ingredients.
I'm going to share my swap with you here but I AM NOT going to do a tutorial on it and I AM NOT going to give dimensions (but thanks for asking Ü)...I already gave them away and was in too much of a hurry to get them done to measure each step. I'm sure you've had that happen also!

My Trio used the new Sending Love Valentine's Specialty DSP, Sweet Pea Stitched Felt and the New Extra Large Two Step Bird punch. Man, do I love this punch!!
The purse cards are made using the Oval Scallop die-cut. Fold your cardstock in half and lay it on the die cut leaving the fold on the inside edge of the die-cut so it doesn't get cut. Run one in DSP and one in Chocolate Chip. Save the center of the Chocolate Chip one for another use and use the frame for this project as a handle. Cut it in half and insert it inside the card as a handle.

It is not held closed by anything, just a regular card.
Yep, more M&M bags. I have gotten rid of all the ones I plan to get rid of. Thank you for all your e-mails asking to take them off my hands. I'm down to my last 50 or so and probably won't be ordering anymore. You can order them here if you are interested. Maybe go in with a couple friends and share.

The little tag book is based around the size of our small flat cello bags. Kind of a take on one of Andrea Walford's Christmas projects.
I embossed Pretty in Pink cardstock with the new Polka Dot Embossing folder and then punched the birdie ...oh that sounded bad! I closed it with a Basic Gray adhesive magnet from my local scrapbook store.
Inside is just the 2 open ended bags. Slide the tags right in. Ornament punch with the bottom cut straight to make a vase. Sweet Pea Stitched Felt and Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon.

I love this little purse. It is a piece of DSP folded in half, cut with the Wide Oval Punch except keep the bottom clear, so it does not get cut. The handle is the Oval Punch inside the Scallop Oval Punch and the flap is the Small Oval Punch with one of the Trip Flower Punches and a brad. It opens and says 'I love you' inside. So cute!


28 comments :

  1. i love your job !!
    what beautiful realisations !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Becky !!!!!!! I LOVE the cello bag album......gorgeous !!! Just giving you a heads up......sooooooo gonna case it :) !!!

    Love you my REAL friend !!!!
    Corinne (aka Roxy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky...one project is better than the other. Wish I lived closer to take your classes better yet...I am an orphaned demonstrator..maybe I'll quit for six months and sign up under you!!!! Wouldn't that be awesome. I want to be you when I FINALLY grow up.

    Inky Hugs,
    Terry~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute project, I feel a case coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man--having been a blog stalker for a long time--I was HONORED to be able to participate in this swap with you! I just love ALL YOUR STUFF!! Can I hold it up and say "I got this art from Becky and you didn't...nana nana boo boo!" ha ha ha! Just kidding, Becky fans! I'm sure if she were super woman she'd have made these for all her fans! Aren't we lucky she shares so much on her wonderful blog? :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous projects! I bet everyone loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GIRL WHY U DO THIS TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe.. did you hear me screaming not even squealling OH MY GOSH I want that Cello album OH OHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SO FREAKING CUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEE ok off to clean off my drool! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been one busy lady --- and thank you so much for taking the time to share these wonderful Valentine's Day projects --- I know you've made a lot of crafty people so very happy because of your post with these FANTASTIC ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These projects are beautiful Becky; simply adorable.
    You are just way to smart, you know. I can already see how every recipiant of this swap was absolutely estatic. Nice Work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These are fantastic. Thanks for the directions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your tags and purse! I'd be one happy stamper if I got these from you in a swap!! You are incredibly creative and I appreciate your sharing with us (though I don't mind paying for your fantastic tutorials either :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK - you Queen, you!!!!O knew it - you're the bestest (is that a word?) OMG - no wonder people were swarming around you. And here, I just had a little ol'e felt bag. Silly Girl - Your creativity is soooo inspiring.....lI wish you did still live in Roseville - there could be a whole lotta shaking going on here in California......yeah!!!! Fabulous just doesn't describe it!!!! Wowsa.......hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. so case-ing your scallop purses LOVE THEM so stinking cute!!!!

    Always a pleasure seing you Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SUPER CUTE swap samples. I'd like to know what you did with the scalloped outer part of the DSP oval die-cuts and the inside oval of the Cho. Chip die-cuts. Have something planned? TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do it, Terry! Do it! You won't be sorry! She's the bestest upline ever (and yes, it is a word! I use it every time I talk about her)!!! Becky, I think you need to make another one for your fabulous downline members, and take the measurements then, and you can do another fabulous tutorial!!! Who's with me, girls???? Woo-hoo!!
    Miss you Becky ;o)
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Becky,It's awesome what you made love them all there so great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are a busy bee! I wish you lived near me :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Becky, YOU are amazing! Just gorgeous stuff

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this project; you are sooooo very sweet to share your beautiful samples with all of us. Thanks for letting us know the materials used; a lot of blogs don't even do that. THanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can you take a picture of the "basic grey adhesive magnet"? I've looked at my craft store.. can't find them. I have an idea of what they probably look like, just thought if I saw a pic I might be able to find it! I LOVE the bird!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Becky! You never cease to amaze me! These are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are wonderful! I received one of the mm bags that you so graciously gave me even though I did not have any trades to share.

    Thanks for stoping and saying hi to me it was great to see you again and talk. I look forward to seeing you at convention!!!!]
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful swaps! AWESOME! Thanks for sharing your blog on Stampin' Connection. Can't wait to come back :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those purse cards are the cutest things I have EVER SEEN!! I love them! Thanks for the beautiful eye candy today!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Becky, these are amazing. I read the part about NO tutorial and NO dimensions, etc...and then proceeded to see each project in detail. You are so generous to share all of your wonderful projects! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These tags are SO, SO cute Becky!! I am blown away every time I look at your blog. I can't wait to try these myself. You are a totally awesome artist. I am going to try and make these into 3 x 6 cards for my next class.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I was given your blogsite by a friend today and just LOVE your stuff. I haven't been a fan of the bird punch but I think that I have been inspired and will now have to buy it!!! Not sure who to thank for that little extra expense, you or my friend. I have purchased two of your tutorials and cant wait to get them. Thanks for all your hard work and for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love these so much I'm going to make some for my next party {IF I can find bags fast} and I am going to share on my blog...linking back. :) Thanks for sharing this sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete