Sunday, April 26, 2009

Here Is How I Made It...

This is the Stationery Set I did with my Stamp Club this week. I've taken pictures and tried to condense it best I can without posting a hundred photos, so multiple things may be going on in each photo.

Finished project.
Stationery packet with two outside pockets for cards, one inside pocket for envelopes, a notepad and pen on Velcro for easy removal, four pocket cards with inserts and a magnetic closure.

Start with 2 pieces of Old Olive cardstock cut 6-1/2" x 6".
1 piece cut 6" x 2", scored at 1/2" in on both long sides.

Apply Sticky Strip to the scored 1/2" edges of the center piece and adhere to the bottom of the two pieces that will now be the stationery holder. It should be 6" wide and 6-1/2" tall.

Pockets

1. Cut three pieces of Old Olive cardstock to 6-3/4" x 2-3/4".
2. Score each pocket on three sides only, two short sides and one long side @ 1/4" and 1/2".
3. Cut out the corners (all 4 little squares) and apply Sticky Strip to the outermost edges of the three sides.
4. Peel Sticky Strip and attach a pocket to the front and to the back of the stationery holder. I placed mine about 1/4" up from the bottom, it really doesn't matter.
5. Open the holder and adhere one pocket to one of the inside panels. Decide if you want it on the left or right side based on where you are going to put the tablet and pen.


I put a decorative trim on the outside pockets of the front and back.
Cut a piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock 5-3/4" x 1-1/8" (or however deep you want it to be), place it in the Eyelet Border punch to make it beautiful and tie a piece of Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon around it. Attach it to the pocket with Sticky Strip.


I used the Large Oval punch to put handles in the stationery holder. For a decorative trim I punched an oval out of Pink Pirouette and punched around the hole with the Scallop Oval punch. Attach the oval to the handle with a bit of adhesive.

____________
Cards

There are 4 instruction photos in this picture.

1. Cut 4 cards, two Pink Pirouette and two Old Olive 8-1/2"x 5-1/2.
2. Score and fold in half.
3. Score again at 1" from the outside edge to make a flap for the pocket card and fold down.
4. Crease all folds with a bone folder so they are nice and crisp.

5. Cut 4 pieces of Bella Rose Designer Series Paper to 5-1/4" x 3". Adhere to the front of the pockets below the flap.
6. Secure the flap down and in place with a bit of Sticky Strip underneath the flap.
7. Apply about a 2" piece of Sticky Strip to the top right area of the flap for the ribbon.

There are 4 instruction photos in this picture.

1. Cut 11" of Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain. Attach it to one side of the Sticky Strip, wrap it around the entire card and attach on the other end of the Sticky Strip as shown in the top left area of the photo. This is the only thing holding the card together.
2. Stamp words on Whisper White (I used Warm Words) and punch out with the Large Oval Punch
3. Punch coordinating cardstocks in Scallop Oval for layering
4. Pocket card inserts are Whisper White cardstock cut 5-1/4" x 4", you'll need 4 of them.
5. Decorative trim for the top is DSP cut 5-1/4" x 1". I used the Scallop Edge punch.
6. Stamp an image on the insert card, I used cupcakes from Wagon Full Of Fun.

Finished cards

Put two cards in the front pocket and two in the back.

Inside

1. Put the 4 envelopes in the inside pocket. I cut a piece of DSP 5-1/2" x 2" for the front of the pocket. Accessorize with whatever you want, I put a little Library Clip on it.

2. The pen is a RSVP pen by Pentel. Unscrew the bottom of the pen and pull it out, roll the piece of DSP (3-1/8" x 1") around the pen (ink part) very tightly and insert it back into the barrel of the pen, place the pen part back into it and screw it back together.

3. These little notepads are Evidence brand they came 3 to a package from Wal-Mart. You can use any notepad that will fit, even one with a spiral binding.

4.Cut a piece of Old Olive cardstock 3" x 3/4" for the pen holder. Roll it around the pen and Sticky Strip it to the front and back of the cardboard backing of the notepad.


I attached the notepad and pen with Velcro Sticky Dots so it could be removed for easy use.
Enjoy!

48 comments :

  1. Becky this is awesome!! Thanks so much for posting this tutorial!! Have a great day :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this GREAT tutorial. Have a wonderful day!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Becky.
    Fayrai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky,
    Thank you so much for this free tutorial. I know it took a lot of your time to do this, but I sure do appreciate it. I can't wait to try one.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just darling. Thanks so much for taking the time to post the detailed instructions!!
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Becky for answering our request for a tutorial. I can't wait to whip one up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's pretty !! Thanks for the instructions with photos !

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are incredible. Thank you for taking the time to post the tutorial.Not many people are as generous as you with their time and expertise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becky, this is awesome...thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Becky,
    Thanks for ANOTHER great tutorial! I check your blog every single day.
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome. Thank you so much for the tutorial. I can't wait to make one tonight!
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Becky, you rock! Thanks for this tutorial. You just amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. BECKY! That is absolutely amazing...so well explained and photographed! You totally rock girl!! Thanks for sharing it with us! I do hope to find sometime in the next few days to try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very wonderful project. Thanks for sharing. You absolutely do great work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woo Hoo! I'm off to make one now! Thanks so much for sharing your directions!
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for sharing! Your directions seem so easy to follow too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Becky great tutorial! Thank you for sharing. Another great project and gift idea. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! Thanks so much for giving us another free-bee :D Your tutorials are awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute Becky - another wonderful idea! TFS . . .

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH MY GOSH.. if it wasn't so late I would get up and do one of these NOW.. I'm starting to make little goodies for Convention (SQQUUEALLL)and I am sooooo gonna make this as a gift I LOVEEE It.. oh and teachers yes have to make some for my boys teachers too.. OH MWWWWWWWWWWWAHHHHH to you! YOU ROCK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love, love, love this! I'm already on my second one. Thank you so much for the free tutorial. I've purchased several of your others and as always, this is really easy to follow. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well - you've done it again. Blown my mind that is, you are a great Stampin up consultant and how you invent all those wonderful things and then do a tutorial as well is so great. Keep up the good work - I am a ardent follower of yours.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  23. Becky

    OMGosh! YOU ROCK!!!! This is such an awesome tutorial and thank you for the FREEBIE! I want to be you when I grow up!LOL

    Thank you so very much I am off to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Becky,
    thanks for sharing this project I can't wait to make it today.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow!!Thanks for sharing,love your ideas and the details are great.
    Thanks again
    Eileen(emcclean@telus.net)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great tuturial Becky, Thanks for sharing. Have a great day. I visit your blog daily. LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. As always your tutorials ROCK! I went to a Woo Hoo Stampers demo meeting on Sat. and saw your cupcake box and your milk cartons displayed. I made sure to let everyone know how awesome your tutorials are and your blog address. Hope you'll get some more customers! thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  28. This project is beautiful! It is so kind of you to share it with all of us for no cost! Thank you so much!!!
    ....Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so GREAT!!! I love all of your tutorials and awesome ideas. You have been blessed with the gift of creativity... thank you for sharing it with us. Would love to see even more!

    ReplyDelete
  30. How cool! Thanks for sharing it. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is another great project! Thanks so much for sharing this one with us. I always find something I love at your site.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow Becky! Thaks for sharing this awesome tutorial with your adoring readers/fans/fellow papercrafters. Talk about terrific blog candy that everybody gets to win!

    Hugs and blessings - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is such a great idea for a gift. Teacher Appreciation day is next week. Wouldn't that be a nice gift. Thanks for the idea!
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  34. Becky, thank you so much for the tutorial, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This really is great! I'm making some to give for mother's day...and I'm making the templates to cut out on my cricut. I share free files every Saturday and I was hoping to share what I make with this one. Do you think I could share the file and then point those who download it to your site for the instructions? (Pretty, pretty please?)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Melinda,

    Please contact me by e-mail, yasou@cableone.net.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is super fantatic!!Thank you for the great tutorial. I'm looking foreword to seeing more of your posts. I've been blessed to find you *accidentially*.

    ReplyDelete
  38. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, DID I SAY THANK YOU!
    NEENA

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you for the wonderful instructions! I made one this morning (had a couple of hours to craft before my daughter got up and while my hubby was at work!) I've posted the pics with a link to you on my blog! I really love your projects.

    One of my friends said that she won't use that much cardstock and dsp at a time...I think I used to understand (I used to hoard it), but now, I just love layering and I can see that you know what I mean too!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks for this tutorial! Can't wait to make a couple of them for gifts.
    What about the magnetic closure? Could you tell me more? It is not in the instructions.
    Thanks,
    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  41. Becky,
    Your tutorial was so easy to follow..I love the set..in fact I loved it so much I'm making three of them for Thank you gifts...I have posted the first one on my blog...and linked it back to you...I hope you like mine..you are a wonderful stamper and I love looking in on your site to see what you have made...

    ReplyDelete
  42. Becky!! You are the queen luv! I love all your creations! Just had to try this one out today! Check out my blog: www.livelovecreation.blogspot have used Crate Paper Lemongrass. I am addicted! Can't wait for more of your tutorials... You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thank you for this GREAT tutorial. Have a wonderful day!

    ___________________
    Julie
    Lock in your price today for Your favorite

    channels - and keep it there until 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh Becky
    I love your tutorial and I've been crazy making these! Thanks so much for all your tutorials. You are such an inspiration to me.
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a cute idea, Becky! Great for holiday gift-giving. Thank you for a nicely detailed tutorial!
    Denise Kasanda - Darien, IL

    ReplyDelete
  46. WOW!!! you are extremely talented and generous!

    Thank you for the wonderful instructions! You have a gorgeous blog!

    ReplyDelete
  47. You've been cased! Becky thanks so much for the inspiration - I needed a project for gift-giving, and came onto your site to find so many ideas. This is what I ended up with;-)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Becky,

    How do you do the magnetic closure on this? I love this and am gonna work on one tonight! ;) Hugs!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete