Thursday, March 19, 2009

Scallop Cupcake Quickies

That kind of sounds like a recipe doesn't it?
Well these are quickies as I call them...quick, easy and disposable for kid birthdays. We always need something last minute so I made a few to have on hand.

The little card base is the Circles, Scallop #2 die cut for the Big Shot. They are about 3 1/2" in diameter. Fold the DSP in half then run it through the Big Shot leaving a folded edge uncut for the top opening. I used my 1/8" hole punch to add little holes in the scallops. The cupcake is from the new Wagon Full of Fun set in the Spring Mini Catalog. I cut the frosting off and attached it with a Stampin' Dimensional. The beads are the Soft Subtles ones we used to carry but I see now that they aren't in the catalog...oops!
So...you wonder where I've been for the last couple days?
I 'm wounded...I had a horrible Circle Scissor accident!!!!!!!!! You know that new weapon Stampin' Up! sells called the Circle Scissor Plus?? Well, evidently if you read the directions you will find that the guard tip to the cutting blade slides off quite easily to the side. If you do not read the directions because this the 99th circle cutter Stampin' Up! has switched too and you are sick of constantly replacing yours, and try to pull it off...then try harder to pull on it because it is new, then once more because you're now mad...you get a 2" slice across your finger tip which if you look at your finger, you will notice that is almost the size of your entire fingertip. Yep! I cut it BAD!!! But I made the little cards anyway with the new Circle Scissor Weapon.
_____________
Take a look at this ambitious stamper! These come from Audrey Girard a Stampin' Up! demonstrator in Shawinigan, Québec, Canada.


Check out Audrey's blog here if you can read French. I just read pictures ☺


14 comments :

  1. These are adorable! I can totally feel your pain (hahaha...pun intended) with the Circle Weapon. I remember when The Pampered Chef sold the first version of their slicer/grater thing...OMG...
    EVERYONE cut off the tips of their thumbs. They finally redesigned THAT. YUCK!! I hope your finger is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little cards, Hope your finger is better, I feel for you 'cause every time you need to do something it will be using that finger 'til it heals !!! Naughty SU! make up your minds !!
    Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez Becky I hope your finger is okay. Did you need stitches? Thanks for sending the tutorials so quickly I cannot wait to start creating them.
    Michelle M
    The Gypsy Cart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your finger is better soon -you poor thing!!

    But you've come back with a vengeance - these are super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO!! I just got a Circle Scissors Plus, and now I'm scared to pull it out of the packaging and try it!! I hope your injury heals real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch!!!!! I was going to order this weapon but might wait a bit as I would be the one to cut off part of a finger I am sure. Hope you heal quickly.
    As for the cute cards WOW!!! I love them.
    Barb Nesplic (kraftynes@sympatico.ca)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just want to know if you got blood on these adorable cards. haha.

    hope you're better soon. those finger cuts are killer, you can't do a thing when they're injured.

    xoxo ~ carol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH SNAP GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WE NEED YOUR FINGERS!! (ok you need them more then us) ((HUGS)) That would be something I WOULD SOOOOOOOOOOOO DO.. but since its on Backorder I wouldn't for a while HUH? lol..
    Those little cute cards made me want to make some cupcakes actually! lol

    ((HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny thing, the circle cutter blade has a warning with caution when removing the blade cover. I saw that warning and proceeded to slice my cuticle when I took the cover off. I felt so stupid, but was really careful the next time I used my new toy. Now I feel like I am in good company. I will really caution anyone who purchases from me to just easily slide the cover off - don't pull. LOL Your project is beautiful in any case. Jackie M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Becky,
    Iam so sorry about your finger and I hope it's heal quickly..............however you are so honest about SU products.........PLUS you had me laughing ! Thanks for the up in my day,Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving these cards! So fun! I'm really sorry about your finger and hopes it heals quickly...BUT, now I know what NOT to do when I finally get around to ordering mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous projects! always inspiring. I'm an Idaho Girl so I love your blog!!! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, your blog is awesome and I realize I am probably posting somewhere way back but hopefully you'll see it!! I hope that your finger has healed by now. Just wanted to tell you what great samples/inspiration you have on your blog. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete