Monday, September 1, 2008

Another Mini Backpack & One That Went Seriously Bad!

I've been so pleased and overwhelmed by the response to my little backpack that I have made a tutorial instead of trying to explain it in each e-mail. Thank You!!
The original idea came from Stampin' Library Girl on Splitcoast Stampers. I put the link to that on my original post but for some reason not everyone is able to access the directions. Maybe it was a demo only challenge that day, I don't know. My directions are in no way meant to copy hers or override her wonderful creation. In fact, mine are different measurments and the entire backpack is only 3 1/2" x 3" x 1 3/4", much shorter than hers. I like little things and when making multiples, I didn't want to have to buy three tons of candy to put in them, so I made them smaller :o). I'm not cheap...just creative.
Which brings me to my next picture... You know how sometimes the ideas in your head really suck when you put them on paper? Take this one for example--- After seeing the darling demo at convention with the bear set, Under The Stars, and combining that thought with overnight backpacking in the woods...this is what a morning stamper does when stamping after 10 pm while the idea is still fresh in her head... my darling and ever supportive husband said..."What the hell were you thinking and is that a bear? What's wrong with him and what is that on his arm, why are his arms in the air like that? Oh Becky, you would laugh at that if you saw someone post that!! You better start over if you're thinking of including that photo in your tutorial!" Lucky for him, I still love him even though he turned 50 on Saturday (sorry George, you deserved that)...and I have to agree, the idea did not materialize to paper!Enjoy the tutorial and please let me see your creations with this pattern!!!

17 comments :

  1. I think the bear backpack is adorable! This is such a fun back to school idea. I'm hoping to get some down tonight for my kids's teachers. Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute.... Thanks for sharing... I will be making one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, the bear is cute! I'm going to give this a go this morning! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, the bear made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently discovered your blog and have printed several of your amazing tutorials. I left you blog bling on my blog: http://frenchysstampinblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Bear Backpack is darling! I'm going to try and make one right now! I have a follow-up camp meeting and thought this would make really cute favors for each attendee. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it!! I even enjoyed the commentary from you hubby. I have one of those ever so supporting hubby's too. Hey at least they feel comfortable enough to be honest with us. I am o.k. with that as long as they only say it once.

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Bear Backpack is too funny! The S'more on the pocket is the best! Thank you for making the tutorial... I will try my hand at this... two by tomorrow night "Back to School Night"? Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the great tutorials. I am LOVIN' your blog. You can see my projects at:
    http://stampinspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey!!! Super cute variation!!! I know who originally designed the backpack! It was MARY ARIMA - a phenomenal 3D stamper and my first downline! She tweaked a 2-4-6-8 box into the backpack several years ago. You can find her here: http://paperjoy.blogspot.com/2007/09/back-to-school-oldie.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just SO SO SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bear is adorable! Thank you for sharing this tutorial! debb

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Thanks so much for the great tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow these are so cool - thankyou for sharing the tutorial and your creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Becky!

    Thank you so much for posting this awesome tutorial. I have incorporated it to work on my Cricut machine, and have shared them with all my Cricuteers!!!

    My creation can be found here.

    Thanks again for all your hard work!!

    Much Appreciation,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your DS George is the bear. Let's keep the backpack. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable! Thank you for sharing!

    Team Craftwell

    ReplyDelete