Sunday, August 31, 2008

Coaster Caddy




Just ignore the fact that this project used Bella Rose DSP yet again and rest assured that I have new papers in the mail. By the end of the week you will see other DSP besides this (if I can stand to tear myself away) beautiful, made especially for Becky, Bella Rose! :o) Have I mentioned lately how much I love Riding Hood Red cardstock...oh, and Pink Pirouette too? OK, maybe you've noticed!
This particular coaster box was originally done by Julie Griffith of Paper Jewels.
That girl has some amazing creativity in her head! Too bad she works for that other stamp company, we could be enjoying her ideas in Stampin' Up! style :o) It's OK, she's nice!
1. I started with five 4" medium weight coasters from Eclectic Paperie ,
covered them with assorted DSP and Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive then gently filed the edges with a sanding block.
2. I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch the holes then laced them up with Light Pink Grosgrain Ribbon. Lay them out flat to do this then attach the two end pieces together making sure it is pretty even and tight all the way around.
3.Finally wedge the bottom coaster in the bottom and adhesive the edges with Tombow. I did not lace the bottom piece, just glued it on. Now it was time to decorate!
4. First side has just a standard 3x3 post it note pad. I used 1/2 of a pad. The topper is a 3" width of Kiwi Kiss scored and folded around the top & punched with the Scallop Edge Punch.
5. Second side is a photo page. You can decorate it like a mini scrapbook page or add a framed photo.
6. Third side is a calender. I ordered mine from Vippies They are the large 3 x 2 1/4 size self adhesive calenders.
7. Fourth side is a dry erase board. Add a piece of window sheet or over head transparency paper to the coaster before you punch the holes and lace it right on. So slick (literally, get it??!) and easy and works like a charm!
8. The last thing I am going to do and I haven't done it yet is to cut one of the coasters in half and make a divider for the inside so it has 4 sections. I am going to use it for pencils, pens, rulers, you know, all the desk stuff.
Another great Christmas gift! Guy gifts are so hard in the fluffy stamping world and this would make a great guy gift for his desk or remote controls, etc. You could fill it with all kinds of cool things.
Next week you can look for the mini backpack tutorial. I'm almost finished with it. Thank you for all your e-mails on this project!!!

17 comments :

  1. LOOOOOOOVE IT!! I've seen similar projects, but never with the dry erase board side! Very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is adorable! What a fabulous gift idea. I'm like you with the Bella Rose dsp. It's about all I have right now besides my Ghostly Greetings I'm afraid to cut into before I figure out my swap cards. I'm getting 5 new packages on Tuesday though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this has to be one of the best 3 d projects I have EVER seen! so Cool! love your blog!
    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY WORD!!!!!!! This couldn't be cuter! Sooooooo creative! Becky, you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Becky you have done it again! This is so cool. I am definitely going to have to share this with all the ladies. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky,
    I love those colors! And the clips are really fun. That really is the kind of gift you can give anyone. Love it! Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! You never cease to amaze me with all your cute projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE IT! Becky what a great great great idea. JILL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this is fabo!!! i love the dry erase side - may have to copy this one, I think it would be great for guy gifts too!!!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Sara SCS=Inkymom

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great and beautiful gift idea. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE these projects!! Thanks for taking the to show us your creations as well as the great tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I LOVE THIS! The Bella Rose DSP looks FABULOUS on your caddy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful! I am doing a stationary class right before Christmas and I can't to show my girls how to do this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to show the girls this. Don'tcha just love it when you type faster than your thought process. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Becky!
    Fabulous project!
    It's today's featured project at the SCS 3D Demo challenge. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Nicole
    www.thestampinlibrarian.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jewels absolutely does a fabulous job! I love this caddy she designed! It's beautiful! Your colors are very nice (even if you did use paper from the other stamping company) wink! LOL
    Hugs,
    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete