Thursday, March 27, 2008

Cool Sliding Card



This is a cool idea I found in a magazine a while ago and decided to try. I started with two 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" pieces of Chocolate Chip. Fold them in half the short way and Sticky Strip the 2 shortest sides together. The center piece is Whisper White cut 5 1/4" x 3 1/2". Stamp whatever you like on the white piece and slide it inside the 2 Chocolate Chip pockets you just made. Fold a piece of cardstock around the card for a belly band, I also added 3/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon. Sticky Strip the two ends of the belly band together in the front of the card (do not tape TO the card) and attach whatever focal point stamped piece you've chosen to use. I used the Pun Fun coffee cup, cut it out and placed it on stampin' dimensionals. Sorry this third picture is so dark. If you click on, it enlarges and is easier to see.

The kids have been on Spring Break this week and my husband took the week off to do taxes...what fun! We've been busy doing all kinds of activities, keeping everyone occupied. The great news is that I have been able to get the cards done for my first on line class offer!! Look for more details to be posted next week.

1 comment :

  1. This is so cute and I LOVE the coffee cup, never noticed it in that set....I buy all the sets with coffee cups and then never seem to make a card using them, so maybe this will inspire me. Your great!

    ReplyDelete