Monday, February 11, 2008

Square Box Tutorial


Start with a piece of cardstock that is 8 1/2" x 2". Score at 2", 4", 6", and 8" on the long side. Turn cardstock and score at 1" along the short side. Fold on the score lines, cut out the area marked with an 'x'. Slit the bottom as shown to form the box bottom.


Fold and tape the box side and bottom.

It should look like this.

The box top is a book shape cover. Cardstock is 5 9/16" x 2 1/4". Score at 2 1/4" and 3 5/16".


Fold on score lines and attach to the box by taping the bottom and the back side.














For the latch, cut one piece of cardstock 1/2" x 2 1/2". Score at 1" and 1 1/8". Cut three pieces of designer paper to 1 3/4" x 3/4" for the decoration around the box. Cut two pieces of designer paper 2' x 2" for the decoration on the cover and the bottom of the box to cover the latch.













Fold the latch piece on the score lines and tape to the back of the box. I cut the corners on the top of mine to look like a tag. I used a Basic Gray sticky back magnetic closure for mine. You can also use Velcro.







Embellish the top any way you want. I used the Happy Heart Day set, scallop punch, 1 1/4" circle punch and 1 3/8" circle punch. Tape the final piece of 2" x 2" designer paper on the back to cover the latch.


















12 comments :

  1. Becky, explain why there are photos all the way down to "fold on score lines" and then they are boxes with red "x" in them and no photos? I get them in emails sometimes like that. Just wondering.
    Happy day. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger somehow deleted the file that held these pictures. We are in the process of restoring it, sorry!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is absolutly precious! I am new to your blog and you're in my favorites! Thanks for the amazing tutorials- keep 'em coming! great eye for details as well- thanks again :D - Brandie N

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your ideas! Heather directed me your way through her blog. I really think your ideas are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute. Thanks for sharing your great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First timer here! I adored making this project. Your creations are lovely. I think I'll be purchasing your tutorials as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the tutorial I love making these :) I linked your blog to mine here, I hope you don't mind. http://stampwithkasia.blogspot.com/2009/03/cheep-talk.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just made this cute little box with my 4 year old daughter, loved it, such great fun when something is easy enough to teach them. Your in my favourites, I check every week, thanks, Sim677.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love your small box. So easy to follow. Just made one using the razzelberry lemondade paper scraps I had. I was not sure about the magnet how attached on top but until I get some i will worry about it then or use velco. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You for the tutorial! These boxes are soo cute! And perfect for little treats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Becky, I just completed a Personally Perfect Purse, and I love it. I'll be making several packed with cards for Christmas gifts. I love, love, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete