Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Get Well Soon Card & Box




A little box of chocolates and a card for George's boss who had surgery this week. The card is covered in Cutie Pie designer paper and stamped with Heartfelt Thanks. Get Well Soon was made on the computer.


The box holds 3 Ghiradelli Chocolates. It is a box bottom with a cover that wraps around like a book. Finished size is 2 1/4" x 2 1/4".


Start with a piece of cardstock that is 8 1/2" x 3 11/16". Score at 2" 4", 6" & 8". Turn the other way and on the long side score at 1" and 2". Cut out the top 3 largest pieces on the top right and the top and bottom flap pieces, leaving the middle flap pieces. It should roughly resemble an L shape. Cut up to the first score line to form the bottom of the box. For the cover, cut a piece of cardstock 2 1/4" X 5 1/2", score at 2 1/4" and 3 1/4". Fold around the box like a book cover. Embellish any way you want. I used Cutie Pie paper and of course a Basic Gray sticky magnet closure. Flower is from Heartfelt Thanks. Let me know if this makes sence, I can maybe do a tutorial.

4 comments :

  1. I vote for a tutorial. I got lost in the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a tutorial would be great... I'm so visual these days.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A tutorial would be great, I just love the little box you came up with and make my own would be wonderful espeailly for those last minute gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I also am hoping that you will do a tutorial! Thanks so much, they are really cute!

    ReplyDelete